Thursday, April 22, 2010

Tu-Tu-Tutorial Time!!!


First of all, and this goes for all of my post, I am a craft-a-holic, NOT a photographer! My pictures leave much to be desired.
Now, getting on to business.... You could call this the bell tutu, buttercup tutu, double-fluff tutu, but I prefer simply the MAFIA STYLE TUTU. Its not nearly as complicated as you might think. I have never purchased one of these or any other tutu (I'm just too dang crafty to buy things) and I have no clue how anyone else actually makes tutus that they sell. But this is how I make them....MAFIA STYLE

Basically we're looking at 3 steps
1. Make your basic tie on strip style tutu (I will go into brief detail on this. If you've all ready got that down, skip to THE FUN PART)
2. Make a loop out of each pair of strips
3. Attach those loops together by tying on short strips at the bottom

STEP ONE
Measure the desired waist size, sew an elastic band together to make a loop. I used a 20 inch strip on 1 inch waistband elastic.

100_4528

100_4530

Measure and cut your strips. I used a 40 yard roll of 6 inch wide tulle, cut 30 inches long. To ease this process I created a 15 inch cardboard template and wrapped the tulle around it. That way I only had to make one cut to complete all the strips.

100_4532

100_4533

100_4534


Now sit down, put the elastic band over your leg and tie each strip onto the band.

100_4536
Do this with each strip. You can repeat step 2 for each strip as you go, or finish all of step one before moving on.

STEP 2

I cut another cardboard template, this time 10 inches wide. Use this to make a 10 inch loop frop each pair of strips. Just tie a knot at the end of the template.

100_4538

100_4543

100_4539

STEP 3

Cut 6 inch strips of your contrasting tulle. Connect each of the loops together by tying the small strips on right above the knot. Grab one strip from each of 2 neighboring loops and tie them together with the contrast strip.

100_4544

100_4540


100_4541

100_4542

Do this all the way around until you have connected each loop to its neighbor, creating a loop.

YOU'RE DONE!
100_4554

See more pics and show yours off on the tutu mafia flickr pool!


Have fun!

8 comments:

  1. Booyaahhhh!!! Thanks for the tut!!! Now on to buy some tulle. jijiji

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya know i have been making tutus for 7 years never ONCE did I think to pu the elastic on my leg haha great idea and great tut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! I don't make tutus anymore but having followed the events I applaud you! Great job on your craftiness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Thanks for the tut!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl you are awesome!!!! Thank you so much I will add this to "THE LIST"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Muwhahahaha! Thank you! Now I can put that red and white tulle to good use! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346










    i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...